The team at Wake Forest School of Medicine (WFSM) has been conducting the statewide evaluation of the NC Substance Abuse Prevention Block Grant (SAPBG) for the past two years. WFSM is launching a new initiative to support a limited number of prevention providers in North Carolina to better understand what strategies prevent substance misuse in their communities. This case study initiative is voluntary and is open to prevention providers who are interested in learning more about the influence of their efforts.
Who is eligible?
- You must be a NC SAPBG prevention provider.
- You must have local survey data about substance use (for example PRIDE, YRBS, Core Alcohol and Other Drug Survey, other survey data).
What will you have to do?
- Share your local survey data.
- Work with the WFSM team to understand your prevention programming and your community’s local conditions.
What will you and your community get out of it?
- Knowing more about the results of your substance misuse prevention work.
- Free tailored TA and support for substance misuse prevention based upon what is learned from this initiative.
What are the next steps?
Please complete the Case Study Interest Form at https://forms.gle/8hXGHusbcA94kFut6.
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have questions, please respond to this email or contact Melinda Pankratz at email@example.com or (919) 619-3030.
Melinda Pankratz, Scott Rhodes, Parissa Ballard, Kim Wagoner, and Jenny Ross
The Wake Forest School of Medicine NC SAPBG Evaluation Team