Working Title: Prevention Support Coordinator
Work Schedule: Full-time or Part-time available
Purpose/description of work and major duties: This position serves at the North Carolina Training and Technical Assistance Center Prevention Support Coordinator for the Program and associated funding streams.
The Position will:
- Provide support to all program staff and contractors
- Manage the creation and approval of training materials for in-person and webinar events
- Assist with training and technical assistance with the statewide reporting system ecco
- Support professionals in understanding effective prevention practice
- Facilitate core competency trainings such as SUMPST (Substance Use and Misuse Prevention Skills Training) and Youth Prevention Education
- Assist with training calendar design, scheduling, and tracking outcomes
- Lead classroom and small group training sessions/provide technical assistance as assigned/needed
- Create training evaluation development and a fidelity tools allowing trainers to adapt, improve and revise existing materials
- Communicate with Program Director, State Leadership, Funding Sources and Contractors to assist with review/development of materials supporting stakeholders
- Manage the project training registration system and creation of entries on multiple platforms
- Coordinate all in-person and virtual training logistics such as stipends, travel information, registration, and planning.
- Communicate training details/logistics with trainers (dates/time/needs/logistics/contracts)
- Assist with Training/TA reports
- Other duties as required
Required Competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors): Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365 and virtual phone systems. Ability to manage project website using modern website technologies. Technical skills necessary to be the project contact management system database and helpdesk administrator. Processing broad, abstract prevention science and data concepts; using databases; working with people in diverse settings; managing multiple responsibilities; strong interpersonal communication; analyzing qualitative data and interpreting quantitative analyses; organizational and time management; independent decision making; strong self-starter; training and team building. Significant and demonstrative experience providing educational and workforce development content and training in in the non-profit, government, business and/or post-secondary setting.
Education and Experience: Graduation from a four-year college with a bachelor’s degree in a human services, counseling, social work, public health or related human services field from an accredited institution and two years of experience researching and implementing evidenced based prevention practices. Preferred qualifications include a Graduate Degree in Public Health or related public policy field and certification as a Certified Substance Abuse Prevention Consultant. Past grant writing and program creation/managementexperience is a plus.
How to Apply: Email a Letter of Application, Vita/Resume and at least three References to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
This is a grant funded position and is subject to renewal.
The NC TTA Center is a program of Insight Human Services